This page explains the plans we have made to prepare for any implications of Brexit in the NHS in Wales.
Preparing for Brexit: The Impact for Wales
Information about preparations for Brexit across Wales is available from the Welsh Government website at https://gov.wales/preparing-wales
Preparing for Brexit: The Impact for the Welsh NHS
Information about preparations for Brexit across the NHS in Wales is available from the Welsh Government website at https://gov.wales/preparing-wales-brexit/health-and-social-services
Information for EU staff working in the NHS, including applications for settled status is available from the UK Government website at https://eucitizensrights.campaign.gov.uk/
FAQs for health and care staff are available from the NHS Confederation Wales website at https://www.nhsconfed.org/resources/2019/02/managing-eu-withdrawal-in-health-and-social-care-in-wales-faqs
Preparing for Brexit: The Impact for Powys Teaching Health Board
Powys Teaching Health Board is planning for Brexit, include if a Comprehensive Free Trade Agreement cannot be reached by 31st December 2020, when the Transition Period will come to an end. Our planning includes:
- Working as part of the all-Wales Brexit leadership and planning arrangements established by Welsh Government, including in relation to supply chain management (see https://gov.wales/preparing-wales for more details of the national arrangements)
- Participating in local planning, testing and reporting arrangements through the Dyfed Powys Local Resilience Forum.
- Ensuring that internal business continuity plans are in place in accordance with our Business Continuity Policy.
- Continuing to support EU, EEA and Swiss citizens in our workforce including the promotion of the EU Settlement Scheme - EU, EEA or Swiss citizens and their families must apply to the EU Settlement Scheme at https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.
- Putting in place arrangements to communicate about the impact of ‘no-deal’ Brexit, including this web page
Further information from Powys Teaching Health Board
An update on EU transition was presented to the Board of Powys Teaching Health Board on 25 November 2020. This can be found at Item 3.4 in our Board papers.