Our values have been developed with our staff:
- Working Together
- Kindness and Caring
- Equality and Fairness
Our values are the things that we believe are important in the way we live and work. They are our “guiding principles”
- All of the values have equal status
- Values are usually invisible (like an iceberg, they are the ice below the water)
- Values on their own can be meaningless, if they are not matched to our behaviours
- Behaviours are the things that we do and say, the way that we act
- Behaviours are visible (like an iceberg, they are the ice above the water)
- Our behaviours impact on how we feel about ourselves and how we make others feel
- When the things that you do and the way that you behave match our values, life is usually good – we are satisfied and content. When behaviours don’t match values, that’s when things feel wrong and can be a source of dissatisfaction and unhappiness.
Chat to Change Champions have also been established to help promote our values across the organization. Our Champions come from every staff group, across all our sites, with different knowledge, skills and jobs, but all with a shared belief in the need to improve the way we do things so that we can ensure better healthcare for the people of Powys.
To find out more or if you would like to become a Champion, you can follow us on Twitter or you can email us at Chat2Change.Powys@wales.nhs.uk