Powys Teaching Health Board received the Welsh Government’s Gold Corporate Health Standard award in 2019, and is committed to supporting the health and wellbeing of our staff, both at work and at home.
As well as providing health and wellbeing advice, we also offer a range of schemes to support our staff:
- Wellbeing at Work breaks: A daily 15 minutes Wellbeing at Work break, for you to spend in exercise, be it walking, running, meditating or other type of exercise.
- Childcare Voucher Scheme: Exchange part of your salary for childcare vouchers each month.
- Cycle to Work: Discounted purchase scheme that benefits your health and bank balance!
- Eye Health: Free eye tests for eligible staff.
- HealthShield: A health plan that gives you cash back
- Leisure Centre membership: Enjoy unlimited access to local Powys County Council leisure centres, through our discounted Leisure Centre membership scheme.
- NHS Wales Car Lease Salary Sacrifice Scheme: Access to a new car of your choice at a competitive price.
- Smoke Free Workplace: All our sites and vehicles are designated as non-smoking. Just one way we’re helping you to improve your health.
- Occupational Health Department: Dedicated Occupational Health Department with access to a staff counselling service.
- Silver Cloud: Access to Silver Cloud online mental and behavioural health platform