Welcome to the Powys THB Community Dental Service page
What does the service provide?
We are a referral-based service covering Powys, and provide the following dental treatment:
- Dental Sedation
- Paediatric Dentistry
- Special Care Dentistry
- Domiciliary visits
- Oral Surgery treatment
- Endodontic treatment
Who can be seen by the Community Dental Service?
As this is a referral based service, a referral must be made by health care professionals.
The service provides dental treatment to vulnerable groups of adults and children, whose additional needs may not be accommodated in NHS general dental services. These additional needs may include (but are not limited to):
- profound multiple learning disabilities, physical and/or communication impairment
- moderate/severe chronic mental health conditions including dementia
- complex medical conditions
- severe dental anxiety or dental phobias
- people who require a domiciliary visit
- vulnerable people, for example homeless, migrants, asylum seekers, refugees
- drug or alcohol addiction problems
- children with moderate or severe behavioural problems
- children in need and subject to a child protection plan with additional or complex needs
- looked after children with additional or complex needs
- children with other complex dental conditions
- children who are unable to register with a dentist (please note once they turn 18 they will need to register with a general dental practitioner)
- General Dental treatment for adults and children at our Machynlleth and Builth Wells Clinics
Who can refer to the Community Dental Service?
Referrals are only accepted from:
- General Dental Practitioners via an e-referral system
- General Medical Practitioners
- Any other health or social care professional, social care workers and residential care home workers
Where are the clinics, and how to get in touch?
Our clinics may be contacted between Monday – Friday 8:45am – 5:00pm.
Our clinic times run from 9:30am – 4:00pm.
*Please note, not all the services mentioned above are provided at each site – you may be required to travel depending on what treatment you need*
- Welshpool Community Dental Clinic
Address: Salop Road, Welshpool, Powys SY21 7ER
Tel: 01938 553 161
- Newtown Community Dental Clinic
Address: Park Street, Newtown, Powys. SY16 1EG
Tel: 01686 617 363
- Machynlleth Community Dental Clinic
Address: Forge Road, Machynlleth, Powys. SY20 8EQ
Tel: 01654 703 077
- Llandrindod Wells Community Dental Clinic
Address: Llandrindod Wells Hospital, Temple Street, Llandrindod Wells, Powys. LD1 5HF
Tel: 01597 828 749
- Builth Wells Community Dental Clinic,
Address: Glan Irfon Health Centre, Love Lane, Builth Wells, Powys. LD2 3DG
Tel: 01686 252 129
- Brecon Community Dental Clinic
Address: Brecon War Memorial Hospital, Cerrigcochion Road, Brecon, Powys. LD3 7NS
Tel: 01874 615 640
- Ystradgynlais Community Dental Clinic
Address: Ystradgynlais Community Hospital, Glanrhyd Road, Ystradgynlais, Powys. SA9 1AU
Tel: 01639 846 449
Who to contact if you need a dentist?
If you need help finding a General Dental Practitioner, please call the Powys Dental Helpline on 01686 252 808
Who to contact if you have a dental emergency?
If you have a dental emergency and you do not have a General Dental Practitioner, please call NHS 111 on weekdays and weekends.