COVID-19 testing availability in Powys will be boosted from Monday (June 7) with lateral flow devices available for collection from libraries in the county.
The new library service is for people who do not have COVID-19 symptoms. People with symptoms should continue to book a test at our testing centres across Powys or request a test by post by visiting www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test or calling 119 (7am to 11pm). People with hearing or speech difficulties can call 18001 119.
Devices will be available from the following seven libraries from Monday June 7:
- Builth Wells Library Antur Gwy, Park Road, Builth Wells, LD2 3BA
- Hay-on-Wye Library, Oxford Road, Hay on Wye, HR3 5BT
- Crickhowell Library, Silver Street, Crickhowell. NP8 1BJ
- Llandrindod Wells Library, The Gwalia, Llandrindod Wells LD1 6AA
- Ystradgynlais Library, Temperance Lane, Ystradgynlais, SA9 1JJ
- Llanidloes Library, 5 Great Oak Street, Llanidloes SY18 6BN
- Welshpool Library Y Lanfa, The Wharf, The Canal Wharf, Welshpool SY21 7AQ
The service will start in Machynlleth on Tuesday June 8 and in Knighton on Wednesday June 9.
For more information visit: https://maps.test-and-trace.nhs.uk/
All of Wales is at alert level 2, and it remains vital for all of us to continue to follow the latest guidance to prevent the spread of Coronavirus. This includes following social distancing rules and wearing a face covering.
The development is a joint project between Powys Teaching Health Board, Powys County Council, Welsh Ambulance Service NHS Trust and Welsh Government.
What to do if you have a positive lateral flow test result
- If you get a positive lateral flow test you must self-isolate immediately for 10 days and take a PCR test at a test centre within 24 hours. You can book a test online on GOV.UK, by calling 119 between the hours of 7am to 11pm (calls are free) or via the NHS COVID-19 app.
- If your PCR test is negative and taken within 24 hours of your lateral flow test, you can leave self-isolation.
- If your PCR test was negative but was taken more than 24 hours after your lateral flow test you and your contacts must remain in self-isolation for the full 10 days from the date of the original lateral flow test.
- If your PCR test is positive and taken within 24 hours of your lateral flow test, you must stay in self-isolation for 10 days from the original lateral flow test result.
- If you don’t take a PCR test within 24 hours you must self-isolate for 10 days.
- More information about Lateral Flow testing in Wales is available from the Welsh Government website at Lateral flow testing for people without symptoms | GOV.WALES
More information about Coronavirus Testing in Powys is available from the Powys Teaching Health Board website at https://pthb.nhs.wales/find/ttp