COVID-19 testing availability in Powys will be boosted from Monday 26th July with lateral flow devices available for collection from more locations across the county.
Free lateral flow devices for those WITHOUT symptoms are already available for collection from a number of libraries across Powys, but now there are more opportunities for Powys residents to collect devises from a location near them. The additional pick-up locations are:
- Brecon Library, Y Gaer, Glamorgan Street, Brecon, Powys, LD3 7DW
- Llanbadarn Fynydd Village Hall shop, Llanbadarn Fynydd, Llandrindod Wells, Powys, LD1 6YA
- Llanfair Caereinion Library, The Institute, Bridge Street, Llanfair Caereinion, Powys, SY21 0RY
- Llanfyllin Library, High Street, Llanfyllin, Powys, SY22 5DB
- Newtown Library, Park Lane, Newtown, Powys, SY16 1EJ
- Presteigne Library, The Old Market Hall, Broad Street, Presteigne, Powys, LD8 2AD
- Rhayader Library, West Street, Rhayader, Powys, LD6 5AB
- Talgarth Library, Talgarth, Brecon, Powys, LD3 0DQ
The library service is for people who do not have COVID-19 symptoms. People with symptoms should continue to book a test at our testing centres across Powys or request a test by post by visiting www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test or calling 119 (7am to 11pm). People with hearing or speech difficulties can call 18001 119.
Devices are still available from the following libraries in addition to the new locations:
- Builth Wells Library Antur Gwy, Park Road, Builth Wells, LD2 3BA
- Hay-on-Wye Library, Oxford Road, Hay on Wye, HR3 5BT
- Crickhowell Library, Silver Street, Crickhowell. NP8 1BJ
- Llandrindod Wells Library, The Gwalia, Llandrindod Wells LD1 6AA
- Ystradgynlais Library, Temperance Lane, Ystradgynlais, SA9 1JJ
- Llanidloes Library, 5 Great Oak Street, Llanidloes SY18 6BN
- Welshpool Library Y Lanfa, The Wharf, The Canal Wharf, Welshpool SY21 7AQ
- Machynlleth Library, Maengwyn Street, Machynlleth, Powys, SY20 8DY
- Knighton Library and Community Hub, Bowling Green, Knighton, Powys, LD7 1DR
For more information and opening hours visit: https://maps.test-and-trace.nhs.uk/
Lateral flow devices are also available to collect from the following pharmacies across the county:
- Well Pharmacy, 7 The Bulwark, Brecon, Powys, LD3 7LB
- Boots, Bethel Square, Brecon, Powys, LD3 7JP
- Boots, 11 High Street, Builth Wells, Powys LD2 3DN
- Boots, Victoria House, Station Crescent, Llandrindod Wells, Powys, LD1 5BB
- Boots, 20-21 High Street, Newtown, Powys, SY16 2NU
- Boots, 16-17 Broad Street, Welshpool, Powys, SY21 7SD
- Boots, Beaufort Street, Crickhowell, Powys, NP8 1AD
- Boots, 5 Wylcwm Place, Knighton, Powys, LD7 1AE
- Davies Chemists Limited, 43 Gyrnosfa, Gurnos, Lower Cwmtwrch, Swansea, SA9 1DR
- JG & RJ Davies Chemists, The Pharmacy, 8 Commercial Street, Ystradgynlais, Swansea, SA9 1HD
- Lakeside Pharmacy, Princes Avenue, Llandrindod Wells, Powys, LD1 5HU
- Presteigne Pharmacy, 2 High Street, Presteigne, Powys, LD8 2BA
- E W Richards Ltd, 30 Heol Eglwys, Ystradgynlais, Swansea, SA9 1EY
- Llanidloes Pharmacy, 51 Long Bridge Street, Llanidloes, Powys, SY18 6EF
- Rowlands Pharmacy, 8 Pentrehedyn Street, Machynlleth, Powys, SY20 8DN
- Rowlands Pharmacy, London House, West Street, Rhayader, Powys, LD6 5AB
- Rowlands Pharmacy, 20 Church Street, Welshpool, SY21 7DP
- Lloydspharmacy, 27 Park Street, Newtown, Powys, SY16 1EF
- P G J Davies Health Centre, Ffos Road, Llanwrtyd Wells, Powys, LD5 4RG
- Primrose Pharmacy, Garth House, High Street, Talgarth, Powys, LD3 0PF
- RM Jones (Chemist) Ltd, 7-8 High Town, Hay On Wye, Hereford, HR3 5AE
- Danby`s Pharmacy, Council House, High Street, Llanfyllin, SY22 5AA
- Morrisons Pharmacy, Pool Road, Newtown, SY16 3AH
All of Wales is at alert level 1, and it remains vital for all of us to continue to follow the latest guidance to prevent the spread of Coronavirus. This includes following social distancing rules and wearing a face covering.
The development is a joint project between Powys Teaching Health Board, Powys County Council, Welsh Ambulance Service NHS Trust and Welsh Government.
What to do if you have a positive lateral flow test result
- If you get a positive lateral flow test you must self-isolate immediately for 10 days and take a PCR test at a test centre within 24 hours. You can book a test online on GOV.UK, by calling 119 between the hours of 7am to 11pm (calls are free) or via the NHS COVID-19 app.
- If your PCR test is negative and taken within 24 hours of your lateral flow test, you can leave self-isolation.
- If your PCR test was negative but was taken more than 24 hours after your lateral flow test you and your contacts must remain in self-isolation for the full 10 days from the date of the original lateral flow test.
- If your PCR test is positive and taken within 24 hours of your lateral flow test, you must stay in self-isolation for 10 days from the original lateral flow test result.
- If you don’t take a PCR test within 24 hours you must self-isolate for 10 days.
- More information about Lateral Flow testing in Wales is available from the Welsh Government website at Lateral flow testing for people without symptoms | GOV.WALES
More information about Coronavirus Testing in Powys is available from the Powys Teaching Health Board website at https://pthb.nhs.wales/find/ttp