What is SilverCloud Wales?
Some 1 in 4 adults struggle with mental health challenges, like feeling low, anxious or stressed.
SilverCloud Wales is an Online Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) service designed to
support your mental health and wellbeing. CBT works by encouraging you to challenge the
way you think and behave so that you’re better equipped to deal with life’s problems.
Who is it for?
SilverCloud Wales Online Therapy is a self-help service. It is suitable for:
- People aged 16+ with mild to moderate levels of anxiety, depression or stress AND
- Who are registered with a GP in Wales or live in Wales AND
- Who are not receiving secondary or tertiary mental health services (e.g. not under the care of a psychiatrist or psychologist).
When you sign up for the service, you will be asked to complete a set of questionnaires to help us ensure you meet the above eligibility criteria. In some instances, you may be asked to participate in a further telephone assessment. If you fall outside the eligibility criteria, please contact your GP for help finding the right service for your needs.
How does it work?
Sign-up for the service online and access anytime, anywhere on your smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Choose one of the easy-to-use, interactive online mental health and wellbeing programmes to complete over 12 weeks. There’s help for anxiety, depression, stress, sleep, money worries and more.
For best results use 15-20 minutes a day, three to four times a week. You’ll receive fortnightly feedback from a qualified SilverCloud Supporter – one of the mental health professionals whose role is to support users of the service – as you work your way through your online programme.
How do I sign up?
- SilverCloud Wales – The flagship service, available across Wales. This is a self-referral service which means that you can sign-up directly, without having to be referred by your GP or other healthcare professional. Find out more and signup here: https://nhswales.silvercloudheath.com/signup/.
- SilverCloud Blended – unique to Powys residents. Instead of being allocated an online SilverCloud Supporter, users receive face-to-face* support from an Online CBT Practitioner. To find out more and sign up, please contact:
-Ponthafren Association covering North Powys and Brecon & District;
-Mid and North Powys Mind covering Mid Powys;
*These may be telephone and email support sessions, depending on Covid restrictions.
- SilverCloud Workforce – unique to NHS staff and keyworkers. You'll have access to four online mental health and wellbeing programmes: Space for Resilience; Space from Stress; Space from COVID-19; Space for Sleep. This is an unsupported service so you will work your way through your programme of choice on your own, at your own pace. Sign up directly for the service without needing to be referred by your GP or other healthcare professional. Find out more and signup here: https://cymru.silvercloudhealth.com/signup/ and enter access code WALES2020.
Whether you’re a member of the public or a GP or Healthcare Professional, if you have any queries, please email Silver.Cloud@Wales.nhs.uk or call 01874 712 428.