Last updated 4.30pm on 16 September 2022
Monday 19 September 2022, the date of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II’s State Funeral, will be a national bank holiday.
This will enable individuals, businesses and other organisations to pay their respects to Her Majesty and commemorate Her reign, while marking the final day of the period of national mourning.
This means that in line with national guidance from Welsh Government we will be operating a Bank Holiday service across Powys Teaching Health Board.
- Booked Appointments and Operations: The Health Board will be in contact with you if your appointment on Monday 19 September 2022 needs to be rearranged.
- COVID Vaccination: Our COVID Vaccination Clinics in Bronllys Hospital, Llandrindod Wells and Newtown Park Street Day Centre are OPEN on Monday 19 September 2022. If you have been offered a COVID Vaccination appointment on Monday 19 September and would like to change your appointment, please use the details in your booking letter to contact our booking hub.
- Urgent Care: Our Minor Injury Units in Brecon Hospital, Llandrindod Wells Hospital, and Welshpool Hospital will be open as normal on Monday 19 September 2022. Ystradgynlais Hospital Minor Injury Unit is closed on Bank Holidays. Urgent care advice is also available from 111.wales.nhs.uk or by ringing 111. A&E and 999 services will be operating as normal.
- Primary Care Services:
- GP Practices and NHS Dental Practices will be closed on Monday 19 September 2022. GP out of hours and emergency dental services are available by calling 111. Please ensure that you have planned ahead for any repeat prescriptions that you will need over the Bank Holiday weekend.
- Please stock on up medicines on Saturday and Sunday. There will be a limited pharmacy service available on Bank Holiday Monday: Primrose Pharmacy Talgarth 1400-1500, Boots Llandrindod Wells 1400-1500; Llanidloes Pharmacy 1030-1130; Richards Ystradgynlais 1130-1230.
- Appointments in hospitals outside Powys: Please check with your health care provider regarding appointments in hospitals outside Powys.
Services will operate as normal from Tuesday 20 September 2022.
More information, advice and support during the period of National Mourning is available from our website.